Monday, August 11, 2008

hey you, don't help them to bury the light

Another boring Monday morning at work.

Last Monday night I went out to dinner in Lahaina with a group of girls I know from the bungalow. We had an awesome girls night! First, we had some dinner and drinks at Mai Tai. The food was really delicious. After that we just walked up and down Front Street for a little bit and talked.

Tuesday I got home from work and literally passed out. Ha, come to think of it, that's what I did in Philly every Tuesday. I'd come home from work at about 1, and plan on taking a 20 minute nap, but I'd wake up 5 hours later. Yep, that's what I did.

Friday I came to work at 9 and left at 5. I went to Kihei to help a new guy buy a car. He needed someone to drive the rental car back to Wailuku and I offered my help. Jason just moved to Maui from Juneau, Alaska. He's working at PW as a pilot.

On saturday, Jason and I went to Little Beach for about 3 hours. He didn't feel like driving, so I took the honors without hesitating. Plus, he doesn't know his way around yet. It's fun to be a passenger out here and just look around at all the spectacular views. However, driving around out here makes me realize I really want a a car. Saturday night I went out with a few guys from the bungalow. We went to Charley's in Paia and got completely smashed. I was with Roberto, his friend from home, Frederico, and a guy named Santiago who is from Spain. We had a great time, but I didn't get out of bed until about 11am on Sunday morning. And that was just to get a glass of water and then get right back in bed! After hydrating myself and laying around, Andrea and a jeep full of other friends picked me up and we all went to Little Beach for the Sunday festivities.

I love the people that I have met out here. Some have been here longer than I have, and some I met when I came back out here with Michelle. Regardless, they're from all over the world and they're some of the most amazing people. Saddening as it may be, everyone always leaves. Destined for home, or another fun-filled adventure, they always look back at Maui and their time spent at the Bungalow as a highlight of their life. One of the most amazing persons I have ever met is Jason "Montana" Crew. He was here in January, but has since moved back home in Alaska. He'll be sailing his way down here sooner than later. It was hard enough coming back here knowing Montana wouldn't be here. Now, come September 3rd, more than half the people I know will be moving back home. A bittersweet situation knowing that there is a huge possibility you may never see these people, these wonderful friends that you've basically lived and spent your days with, again. Yet, what a wonderful thought that you can always meet up for drinks somewhere in the world.

I'm waiting for friends to upload photos. There should be more than a handful coming soon.

No comments: