Monday, August 4, 2008

we all want to be big stars, but we don't know why and we don't know how

So, the end of last week was pretty boring for the most part. Wake up, work, eat, sleep, repeat.

Friday night there was a huge party at the bungalow. I only stayed for a couple hours and felt like I was upside down riding my bike home. Saturday was a complete girls day at the beach. A few girls from the bungalow picked me up and we headed to Little Beach. It was exactly what I needed.

The water felt great and the sun was bright and hot. I really had a great time.



I had to take the all time unoriginal photo of the foot prints Daniele and Maylynn left ahead of me.

And of course, another photo of the sun going down in Kihei.

Sunday looked like a terrible day for the beach. There was a dark cloud sitting on top of Kihei so Little Beach was out of the picture. Viper and I packed some snacks, bought a 12pack and headed to a beach/park type of place that he knew about. Turned out to be a lot of fun. My friend Bianca from the hostel was there with some of her friends and we all just hung out and drank.

Later last night I went and saw Step Brothers with some friends and it was hilarious. Started off great, got boring and sappy in the middle with some funny parts, and ended great. I had tears coming out of my eyes at one point, so that says enough.



It was raining all yesterday late afternoon and night. The weather got real cold and it felt amazing. Oh, and I cut my bangs the other night.

Today is Monday morning, August 4th. Exactly one month ago was my last day in Philly. Exactly one month ago was the last time I've seen fireworks. Exactly one month ago the Phillies beat the Mets. Exactly one month ago was the last time I've seen my friends and family. Exactly one month ago I was as nervous as one can possibly get. Exactly one month ago I had no idea that exactly one month later I'd actually be making this happen. Funny, isn't it?

2 comments:

floss roche said...

Exactly one month later your on an incredible journey, having fun learning to become a grown up being out on your own. We are so proud of you. And Jealous I might add. The island looks amazing I could only dream of going there you have inspired me to save up to travel to visit you maybe next summer.

SuFiJeebus said...

Hey, you had the guts to go out there and give it a shot, which is a hell of a lot more than what some people can and have done. We all miss you out here. Some, I'm sure, more than others. ;-)