Tuesday, July 29, 2008

you were watching the whites of your eyes turn red

Tuesday, Tuesday...



First and most importantly, Happy 6th Birthday to my sister, Hannah! She's one out of four of the most amazing girls I'm lucky enough to call my sisters. I wish I could be there to help her celebrate.

Last week a few people at work made plans to go to the beach this afternoon and it turned into a huge work thing. So, now we're all bbqing at Baldwin Beach later. The weather is kind of muggy right now so hopefully that changes.



Yesterday, while I was waiting for my friend Brad to pick me up from work there was a guy in the boarding area with the cutest puppy ever. I obviously took a picture of Krysten playing with the puppy. All you really see is Krysten's ass though (HI KRYSTEN!).

Brad and I went to Little Beach to hang out and catch some sun. Some people from the bungalow were already there so we just set up our stuff with theirs. As we were walking from Big Beach over to Little Beach a paramedic car drove as far onto the beach as possible and a couple dudes got out with a stretcher and started heading towards Little Beach. All we're thinking is how shitty this situation is considering there's a huge wall you have to carefully walk over in order to get to Little Beach. Brad had asked what happened and apparently someone broke their hip. After we set up on the other side we're all just kinda chilling and waiting to see what's gonna happen with the dude who broke his hip. The paramedics have him on the stretcher and it looks like they were going to try carrying him. Nope. All wrong. The coolest thing ever happened.

They helicoptered him off the beach. Seeing the helicopter come over the rocks out of nowhere with some guy dangling in the air, dropping himself to the beach and attaching the guy with the broken hip to the rope and taking back off all within 3 minutes had to have been the coolest thing I've seen in a while.



What a day at the beach! The water was extremely rough. I was being tossed around and body slammed into the sand by waves that were reaching 7-8 feet high. A couple of us walked further down the beachline to see about jumping off a rock, but it was impossible to climb up due to the treacherous water. So, we all made our way back to the beach. We layed around and swam a little bit, and then Brad and I headed to the end of happy hour at a bar called Life's a Beach located in Kihei.





My second night ever on this island was spent at this bar with people I'll probably never see again. Still, we had a great time. Alcohol is always a fun ice-breaker. Especially, when it's served as pictured:

The food here is also really good. After getting trashed off a liter of Mai Tai and talking about how the Phils are better than the Mets -yes, unfortunately, Brad is a Mets fan- and then finding out that the Mets are no longer currently in first place for the east division, we went to dairy cream for some more food.


The following photo is of Brad eating his first of two orders at Dairy Queen. Brad is from Jersey. He's been living out here for quite some time now. I met him when I first came out here in January. [sarcasm]I'm only friends with him because he has a car[/sarcasm].



I'm kidding in case you didn't pick up the "sarcasm" notes. Brad's another awesome person I've had the pleasure of meeting out here. He looks like Matt McConaughey and I feel it should be a rule that everytime he walks into a room Lynrd Skynrd's Sweet Home Alabama should start playing on the speakers.




Kihei has some of the prettiest sunsets I've seen out here. On the drive back to Wailuku I tried to capture the sun at it's brightest.






No comments: