Thursday, July 17, 2008

are you gonna waste your time thinking, how you've grown up or how you missed out?

I posted pictures in the previous entry of our beach party. Nothing too exciting, but pictures nonetheless.

I'm all moved in! And I got my bike yesterday!

One of my new roommates, Bill, put most of it together for me this morning, but we need an allen wrench to tighten the nuts on the front tire. I'll figure it out soon.

Tonight I'm going to the midnight showing of The Dark Knight with some friends from the hostel. I'm super excited to see it.

I found some pictures in a friend's facebook album of the commando hike I went on last weekend. Sorry, Erick, but I'm totally stealing your photos to show everyone how wild and amazing the hike is!



Ok, so these are the branches we had to swing through. For the record, all the people in this picture and the following are all amazingly awesome people.



If you look in the back on the right hand side of this photo you will see someone climbing up the wall. I did the same thing. It's really quite an adventure.


This is just one of the many walls we had to climb. Some were mini waterfalls and others were just rocks spaced really far away from each other making it almost impossible to climb up.




Here is April climbing up a small waterfall. April is from Vancouver and she's one of the most energetic and happiest girls I have ever met.


These are the caves we had to walk through.



This is the second cliff we had to jump off. I think we estimated it was between 45-50 feet high. Completely outrageous, but totally worth it!




Erick right before he lands face first into the water. OUCH! He's a manly man so I'm sure he dealt with the pain during his alone time. This is just an idea of what you're looking down at prior to jumping.



And here you have Joe, Erick, and Bernd just sort of chilling on the little beach by the one cliff. If you look in the background of the photo you can see the cliff.


Well, that's all I have for now. I'm off this weekend so I'll be doing more stuff that will lead to more stories and pictures.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Erick Gonzalez said...

My lawyers will be in contact soon ... :-P

I think I enjoyed the shots more with your narrative on!

Unknown said...

you know how jealous i am right now?