Thursday, July 10, 2008

if everything could ever feel this real forever

I had the closing shift at work today. It's not too bad at all... I'd just much rather be working the opening shift.

Earlier, I met an older couple who were supposedly flying out go GO! Airlines, but apparently GO! had no flights scheduled. They seemed a bit upset, understandably, so they came over to my counter and asked if there was anything I could do for them. I said we couldn't get them out until tomorrow morning and gave them our number in case they wanted to call later and book a flight. The lady looked at her husband and said "Well, hun, this isn't as bad as US Airways losing our luggage when we went to Africa." I couldn't help but giggle, and then I explained how I just left US Airways to come live and work out here. She started laughing and said "We're from Philadelphia, and I..." I totally cut her off and said "I'M FROM PHILLY!!" Then she praised me on being so happy after not just for working for US AIRWAYS, but also working at PHL. It really is such a small world.

Tomorrow I'm in 8:30-4:30 (training schedule) and then I'm off Saturday. We get our schedules for the week every Saturday night.

I want a cheesesteak so bad right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i want a fish taco so bad right now

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I could overnight you one. lol. Let me crack open my MacGuyver handbook and see what I can do. ;-)