Tuesday, July 8, 2008

there's nothing here to run from

So, my apologies, but no pictures today. I had a fun day at work. Learned a lot, and I even got to say "You're late so you missed your flight." The lady's reaction shocked the hell out of me though. Now, most of you are thinking "did she hit you?" or "did she scream at you and make you feel absolutely terrible because there was some sort of tragedy and she absolutely NEEDED to be on that flight?" No, those responses wouldn't have shocked me, I'm used to that and a bunch more...this lady, she apologized for being late and offered to pay the $25 rebooking fee. I think I passed out because I don't remember what happened after that.

Needless to say, I think I'm gonna get used to this rather fast.

The past two days I've had an 8:30am-4:30pm schedule that was for training. I'm not technically on the schedule yet, but I go in tomorrow for a 5:30am-1:30pm shift. They only have two different shifts- the 5:30AM-1:30PM or the 1:00PM-9:00PM. I much prefer the 5:30AM shift because I can have the whole day to go hang out on the beach or do whatever I please out here in beautiful Maui.

So, tomorrow I plan on heading back into town after work and getting some lunch with a friend then I'll head on out to the beach for a few hours. I've gotta say, I'm loving it out here. I know it's only been a few days, but it's hard to get homesick when you're in paradise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit. I think I almost dropped of a heart attack knowing that there's actually a place where people don't scream, piss and moan, or call you an ignorant asshole because they missed their flight and you won't let them on. lol