Wednesday, July 23, 2008

if you don't expect too much from me you might not be let down

This morning I had to come to work early so we could go to a safety training session at the Kahului Fire Department. I basically got certified to perform CPR today. Pretty nifty.

The fire trucks were from another planet. The front of the trucks (photo #1 and photo #2) looked like something out of Transformers. Actually, the whole truck looked as if it would turn into a fighting robot at any given time.



My manager Cassie took a few pictures of us in front of the trucks. I'll load them in this entry after she gets them up and online. After modeling in front of the trucks, we went into this classroom at the fire house. There were mannequins spread out on the floor. Basically, we picked one to be our date for the next 2.5 hours. I had a sweet little blue number that was missing the bottom half of his body (far top of photo #3). We learned how to properly perform CPR, how to operate an AED machine and how to do the Heimlich Maneuver. It was a fun and educational session.


The wind is really blowing hard down at the airport today. I'm tired and I still have about 6 more hours to go here.

1 comment:

floss roche said...

Hope you didn't resort to blow up dolls.........