Sunday, July 27, 2008

gory, gory, what a helluva way to die


Thursday night I came home from work to all of my roommates watching Band of Brothers. I was so thrilled! I'm happy I remembered to pack my box set because I simply feel that every single person I encounter should watch this series. If you haven't seen it, please take the time to do so.

Friday night I came home from work to the same thing. What a great way to spend a Friday night. I'll never get over this series. The best part is (and I'm sure this is key for everyone who is into it) that when you want to watch it, it's not like you just pick an episode and watch just that episode. You gotta do it from start to finish. Each episode offering more emotional and comedic entertainment than the last.




On Saturday morning, I woke up bright and early at about 7am. Ate some breakfast, packed some lunch, and went to spend the first half of my day with my landlord, Cathy. She's a fun lady and quite adventurous for her age (you'd never guess her age by how great she looks!). We went to Lahaina to go on a sailboat with her friend Bill and his friend Nancy. Here I am hanging out with people three and four times my age and I had a really great time. Learned a thing or two about sailboats and got plenty of sun.



"Oh, captain, my captain..." This photo above here is of the owner of the boat, Bill. You can't tell from this picture, but he looks just like Hugh Hefner. We took the boat out pretty far and the waves were getting extremely choppy. Apparently, we were sailing in the channel. That probably means absolutely nothing, but to me it sounds intimidating and bad-ass.




If I would have known just how much sun I would have gotten, I would have taken a before and after shot of myself. Instead, your stuck with a before shot of my feet for now.



After the boat ride, Cathy and I went snorkeling in hopes to see some turtles. No turtles were out playing, but lots of fish were zig-zagging back and forth. Before heading to the car, we went to the nearby restrooms to dry off. Outside of the rest area were two of the cutest puppies I have ever seen. These guys were so playful and adorable.

I took a power nap then went and met up with a friend at a pizza shop he works at. The owner is from jersey and has amoroso rolls sent out here to his shop. It's good to have a cheesesteak on an amoroso roll when you're so far from home. At least someone knows what they're doing! When we finished eating we headed to the bungalow. A big group of us all went to a bonfire at Specks Beach. Nice and relaxing, and we had perfect timing in our leave because it started raining as soon as we got into the car.

Today was a lazy day. I baked a blueberry pie and went for a bike ride. The weather was great today, but I was trying to hide from the sun for a little bit.

Tomorrow starts week 4 at work.

No comments: