Sunday, July 13, 2008

clocks lie- we have no time at all

Let's go back to Friday night.

I finished work at 4:30 and came home showered and went on a date to a thai restaurant. The dinner was very nice. After we ate we got some of the best ice cream I've ever had in my life. I'm not even lying. I think it's a hawaiian brand. If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure it was called Roselani and it was a coconut pudding flavor. After eating ice cream I kind of just chilled and hung out with other friends all night. A few people at the hostel decided to go get some food at Jack in the Box. I really wasn't that hungry, but I've never been there before so I HAD to try something. I wasn't impressed. For those who don't know, Jack in the Box is just another fast food place- not bad, but not great.

Saturday and today were my days off.

Yesterday, I went to Kihei with Fernando and Roberto. Roberto and a few of the other guys out here are into windsurfing. Apparently, Kihei isn't the best place for it, but there was no wind elsewhere. Anyways, the following picture is of Fernando. He is originally from Mexico but has been living in Arizona. I'm gonna miss him when he's gone. The place we're at is more of a park than a beach, but it was very relaxing. The sun kept coming and going from behind the clouds, but I fell asleep for a while and ended up getting a nice amount of color.



The next few pictures are of Roberto (Rome, Italy) setting up his board, getting ready to head out and show us what he's made of, and then finally getting on the board and sailing off. I recorded an awesome video as well, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to upload it right now.









After our long and relaxing afternoon, we headed back to the hostel to freshen up then headed out to Paia for some dinner. Dan (Ireland) joined us for this trip. He actually drove. We went to a pizza place called Flat Bread...the pizza was amazing!

That will conclude this entry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FERNANDO!

did he ever catch any fish?