Monday, October 6, 2008

sweet smell before the rain

I'm alive.


Friday night there was a 49 year old's birthday party. Classic rock, Jameson's & lots of people. I wasn't impressed & I would have been more satisfied laying around on my couch watching scrubs reruns.

Saturday I watched the Phillies give up a game to the Brewers. I then tried explaining baseball to my filipino roommate. She still didn't get it. I don't see how baseball is a hard sport to understand. Saturday night I went to the Maui County Fair with a friend. He never had funnel cake before & I made him try it. Obviously, he loved it. We played a bunch of games and he won some prizes while I lost a lot. We also went on a couple rides before realizing we're old and get nauseous on all the cool rides. So we pulled the safe card and kept going on the swings.

Sunday morning I woke up at 6:30AM. Phils came on at 7AM so I was drinking coffee & bailey's & watching the game while waiting to be picked up for a Hana roadtrip. The road to Hana has been making me sick to my stomache lately, but it's worth it. I went up with a few friends from work, Andrew, Erik & Andrew's brother Phil. We went exploring in the caves and found more air pockets, but none of us had enough gear to actually go explore more. Next time we'll bring more flashlights, masks & maybe some tanks to breathe under water.

All in all, it was a really great weekend.

No comments: