Thursday, December 16, 2010

i'll follow you into the dark

Timing is impeccable. It amazes me that certain people walk into your life at just the right time. It saddens me that the same people are usually taking steps to begin a new chapter in their lives just as you begin to fall in love with everything they're about. You know this person is leaving so you try to make the most of it. You want to spend every second with him and embark on adventures no one has ever experienced. You want to make new memories that will last forever. You know his heart isn't fully there with you, yet you can't help but want to feel exactly what he's feeling. You want to see the world through his eyes. You want to create a friendship that is everlasting, and you hope for a relationship that defies all normalities. A rather special bond has been formed and you’re afraid to speak up because after spending such a short amount of time in each others arms you feel it may be foolish. Foolish? You may never see each other again! Foolish is not following your heart; not speaking up; not going with your gut instinct!

Always go with your gut instinct. Trust yourself.


Baby, my eyes are wide with curiosity. My thoughts are traveling to foreign places. My body’s experiencing things like never before.


Again, timing is impeccable.

"love of mine,
someday you will die.
but i'll be close behind,
i'll follow you into the dark.


Sometimes you have to let a person find themselves before they realize what they want. Even after finding their self they still may be clueless. Is not knowing where you want to end up really such a bad thing? I know I want to fall in love. I know the man I want next to me. I know I don't want an everyday routine life. I know I want to fall in love!! With the world. With friends. "son, fear is the heart of love." Stop wasting time being afraid. Yes, people always leave, but if it's meant to be something more they'll come back. The hardest part of all this is simply being patient and trusting time.

it's nothing to cry about cause we'll hold each other soon.

I can wait. cause you're the only song i want to hear.

2 comments:

arc14716 said...

I can't help, but identify with you on this post. Years ago, I met someone who would go on to mean a great deal to me in my life. She was funny, had a great smile, and we would talk a lot whenever we had a chance. When she told me that she was moving back to the mainland, I wanted to spend as much time with her before she left. We ended up going to the beach once a week whenever we had the chance. We never got past being just friends, but we still had good times together and I feel like that our friendship was something special.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it sounds like you pretty much know that this person may be the love of your life. I don't think you should be afraid to speak up. I hope that in some way, you were able tell this person how much he meant to you.

If the two of you are meant to be, it will happen. He'll come back. What happens next at that point will be entirely up to both of you. And if things don't work out, then always treasure the time that you had together.

LISAMARIE said...

Surprisingly, this was about a dear friend and not someone I was in love with. But, at the moment I wrote this entry, the realization of people coming and going during your lifetime made me realize I wanted to fall in love and experience the real deal.

I'm a lucky girl now. I have it all...well, not all, but I can see the finish line and it looks lovely. =)