Saturday, August 25, 2012

i said maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me

Liam is now 6 months old. I have no idea where the time went. He gets more smart and adorable with each day that passes. He just started standing up on his own last week. It's funny because he'll pull himself up onto his feet and he starts wobbling back and forth from whatever he is hanging on to, but he starts making this high pitched giggling noise while looking around the room for me to share in his disbelief that he is actually standing. I managed to snap a shot of him in all his glory the other morning.

While I'm still breastfeeding, I started feeding him rice cereal and puréed foods more consistently during the day. He loves it! I actually just ordered him a high chair that came in the other day and he enjoys it very much! I took a photo of his reaction from being in his new chair.

The only bump in the road I've been having lately is something I've been calling separation anxiety. When he starts getting fussy he wants no one but me. And his crying gets so severe that I am usually driving home like a maniac from wherever I went to really quick. I feel so horrible for leaving him sometimes. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just crying, but he scream relentlessly and it sounds as like he any breathe sometimes- just really breaks my heart. And to top it off, I just started my classes for the fall semester. He hasn't been too bad since I started, but one time is enough to make me never want to leave him again. Also, this hurts me at night because if I'm not by his side when he wakes up during the night, he'll start screaming. I've been trying to "take one for the team," if you will, and just get out of bed whenever he wakes up and stay with him until he falls back to sleep. This makes me tired and cranky during the day though. He really is all worth it though. C'mon...look at that face!

No comments: