Monday, September 1, 2008

all i needed was time

"too stubborn, too ignorant, too crazy about you.
i didn't know love was blind
to say this world was made for us
i never knew...i never tried
"


The day Jamie's son, Jaedyn Ace was born, I was spending my time snorkeling, swimming with huge turtles, and being buried under the sand. The following is me and my roommate Stephanie.


Saturdy, August 30th at 5:02pm EST, all 21 inches of Jaedyn Ace McMichael's entered the world weighing in at 8lbs 9oz. Like most deliveries, this was a tough one, but my cousin Jamie is a very strong woman, and she popped him out in just enough time to make the cut-off deadline for kindergarten in a few years. She wants him to the baby of his class just like I had been.




While she was going through a rather painful delivery, I was having a blast with my roommates. We hit up a couple different beaches in Kihei, and then had dinner at Cheeseburger in Wailea. Later in the night, we went back to Kihei and hung out at the Tiki Lounge where we got our dancing on.

Sunday was Little Beach day. Dani and Erin and I went to Little Beach and drank Mimosas all afternoon. Yesterday was my favorite Sunday at Little Beach thus far.

Life can deal you a terrible hand sometimes, but you learn from mistakes, be it your own or others, and you move on. The trick is rising above these little lessons and finding the correct path through your maze. Of course, there are always going to be little paths that branch off to darker unknown territories, but don't lose track of the light, and you'll be just fine. Now, if you get too lost in the dark, ask for a reshuffle. With a second chance, you just might get lucky on the next hand.

No comments: