Tuesday, September 16, 2008

don't be afraid, cause no one ever sings alone

I've been sick the past couple of days with a high fever, sore throat and just a stuffed up head. I haven't really eaten much since I've had no appetite & I haven't left the house. So, today I forced myself to get out, take in some fresh air and catch some sun.

On the bus ride over to Lahaina I did a lot of thinking. I'm gonna switch up my plans for the next couple of months and after I'm finished with Maui, I'm gonna head somewhere cold. Haven't put a lot of thought into it, but it makes sense... at least to me it does.

I did a lot more thinking on the bus ride home...


I often live my life as if I'm in a movie. This way the bad stuff doesn't always seem so 'bottom-of-the-barrel' bad. And let's face it, most movies have happy endings, and I guess that's what I'm really waiting around for.

The music I listen to makes up the soundtrack of my life. Certain lyrics having more meaning than others. As some of you may already notice, I title each blog entry with a line from a song. These lyrics help me through different situations, both good & bad. It's weird how things to seem just always work out for me. I used to worry myself sick about tiny, little problems, but see, the real problem is you spend all of your time worrying that you forget to appreciate the greater things in life. You forget to smile for no reason whatsoever. You forget to live. I've taught myself to stop worrying so much and to just breathe.

It amazes me thinking about my childhood and picturing myself now. I moved to Maui with only $200 bucks in my back pocket and nothing saved. It's been almost three months and I'm still kicking it out here with a smile on my face. Is it hard? Yes, but I'm not complaining. I refuse to give up so easily. I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I've made plenty of mistakes in life and I don't want this to be added to that list. I just won't let it.




...just breathe.

2 comments:

arc14716 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arc14716 said...

So far, this is my favorite blog. I like how you say you're living your life like you're in a movie. I'm living my life like I'm in a tv show, with a laugh track every once in a while.

I also like what you say about the music you listen to has lyrics that have meaning for you. It's amazing how certain songs can have positive meanings and influences in one's life at times. Whether they're in English or Japanese (once you translate them to English, that is).

Thanks for such an inspiring blog.

edit: I'm working on my second post, but I've hit writer's block. It should be up soon though.