Sunday, September 7, 2008

you can watch me disappear

I called Maui home for the first time Friday night, and it didn't feel weird at all. This weekend was a lot more fun than I had originally expected and I owe it all to one single person.


A majority of Saturday was spent in Manayunk with 3 people I never, ever hang out with. We went to the Red Bull Soap Box Derby. The remains of a hurricane were apparently passing through Philly and we got the worst of it. I was literally soaked all afternoon, but it was well worth it. The event itself was ridiculously wild and just mind blowing.

Saturday night I showed up at Paddy's and had some beers with a few old friends before the crowd came rushing in. It was great to see a lot of faces the past couple of nights, but honestly, it's usually the norm that I go a couple months without seeing certain people. I managed to fit in Sugarmom's and Lucy's as well on Saturday night. With only a few hours left before leaving the mainland, a friend and I walked around Philly for a bit. "That really happens to people?" is all I can say about this weekend.

I slept the entire way on both planes. I guess I was pretty tired from getting a total of 4 hours of sleep the entire time I was in Philly. I gotta admit, it felt great getting off the plane and being home.

1 comment:

Nyctotherion said...

Did you get to drive a car shaped like a fish?
That is REALLY cool.
Glad you got back safely.