Friday, September 5, 2008

don't be gone when i get home...i need you there

I fought the law & the law won, but the fight was well worth the risk.


I ended up talking to a friend who already had a buddy pass booked for me and I payed $92 to fly home. As of right now, I do not have a way back to Maui on Sunday, but I will get back somehow. I need to be back there. I want to be back there.


Philly is still the same. It doesn't matter how long you go away, things will always be the same at home. I'll always be happy to see the skyline on a pretty day though. Philly is home, but I'm not done with Maui yet.



Lots of family came over for a couple hours last night and it was really great seeing everyone. My little sister Lauren (3yrs) asked me to please not go back to Hawaii. I felt like crying and staying just for her. After hanging with family, I went and met up with friends at Bar Noir. I felt so strange being out. I don't really know why though. I've only been away for two months...it's not that long. Some of the people that came out I usually only see every couple of months anyways. I do miss them for sure and I'm hoping to spend more time with everyone before I get out of here.

This morning was traffic court...the main reason I came home. That went really well. I'm guessing that heavenly angel got herself all cleaned up and remembered to keep an eye on me. Hopefully, she finds some sweet airfare deal for me to get home to Maui on Sunday!

Walking home from court was fun. I noticed how dirty Philly is compared to other places. At first I was thinking it was really gross, but I'm sure every major city is the same. I found it particularly amusing that there was some sort of flower bush growing along a wall and it looked so out of place. Not to mention there was trash on the ground around it and cigarette butts thrown into the bush.





You can almost see the flowers fighting hard to stay alive. Such beautiful flowers that if treated properly could really bloom and possibly change the view of the whole street. If only people cared more.

No comments: